1. We received about 80 pounds with stuff from Belgium. There’s lots of stuff you can’t buy in Slovakia, so that was nice.
2. My son turned two on Wednesday. We were able to give him a wonderful day.
3. I read a book by Belgian psychologist Paul Verhaeghe and it kinda says the same things I also think are wrong with the world at the moment
4. We’re not starving and we’re able to heat our place
5. Bratislava is an ugly, unpleasant city in many ways, but we live in a relatively quiet and green part of town