Slovakian women are often both traditional and full of surprises. You should never judge a book by the cover, but this is particularly true when it comes to Slovakian women. The following list is an attempt at general rules, but of course, every woman you meet will be different. Still, some cultural commonalities do exist.
- Slovakia is a Catholic country. Lots of people are still devoutly religious and this influences the whole society. Expect people to be prudish and to be a little uncomfortable talking about sex. However, the ‘whore/madonna’ complex is also deeply part of a Catholic society. So you can expect the women to be very reserved and formal at first, but to be wild and almost without borders in bed. At least when it comes to sex between her and one man. Threesomes, swinging, that sort of thing, they certainly fantasize about this, but they have borders. One on one sex: pretty much anything goes, when she likes you. Adding other people to the mix: usually a total no go area…
- Flowers are very much appreciated, you can’t even imagine how much. Whereas in the west you can make a total fool of yourself by bringing flowers to a date, a Slovakian woman will deeply appreciate it. She will light up, especially if you have put some thought in selecting flowers that suit her.
- It’s often a good idea to take things a bit slowly. A Slovakian woman will scan you closely. And they seem to have a whole programme for it. Unless you’ve totally swept them off their feet, at which point things will go very fast, expect to go slowly. The first date is best just going for a drink. Inviting them to a restaurant is not a good idea at first. In part because a date tends to be in the evening and Slovakian women eat their heaviest meal of the day round noon (one reason why so many of them are so thin), and the other reason is that they interpret it as coming on too strongly. They may also see it as taking advantage of you, because…
- certainly on the first couple of dates she’ll expect you to pay. She will ask if she can contribute, but she’s being polite, make sure you pay, at least the first time. Later on it’s good to let her pay as well. They rapidly feel guilty and are quick to think they are taking advantage of you.
- Small, original gifts are appreciated. Big, expensive ones are not. Don’t try. In some cultures it’s common to give very expensive gifts right away, well, this will have not much of an effect on a Slovakian woman. She will have a great anecdote to tell her friends, but it won’t get you very far. Don’t bother. Put more thought into something inexpensive. They value originality and the ability to save money a lot more.
- It’s important to be aware of this difference: women who went to school under communism are much better educated than the ones who went to school later. Their degrees may have less market value than those of the younger generation, but they are much more well-read, knowledgeable and understand how the world works far better, perhaps because they have personally experienced so many profound transitions. Slovakian women in their late thirties and forties are a lot better conversationalists than the younger ones. There are always exceptions of course. The educated ones will expect you to be educated as well and will listen carefully to see if you’re intelligent.
- Slovakian women will not make you look like a fool. If you say something that’s wrong they will be subtle in pointing out your mistake. You score points if you can admit mistakes.
- They do expect you to lead, pick the bar, pick the restaurant, pick where to sit, suggest the drinks. You will have to go for the first kiss. If things get physical it has to be your intitiative, or almost ‘your fault’.
- Most will prefer white wine when it comes to alcoholic drinks. On first dates they will probably avoid alcohol. Coffee is of course very popular, but it’s a bit fancier to take her to a good tea place.
- Chances are very high a Slovakian woman is NOT looking for a fling. You will be judged based on your qualities to build a long term relationship. It’s an overgeneralisation, but Austrian women seem to be more open to casual sex as something that’s just fun and a source of joy. Slovakian women tend to think: all or nothing.
- If you can make her laugh, this will really lighten the mood. The mood can be quite tense at first. They are very reluctant to open up.
- It can be very tricky to find out if a Slovakian woman is currently single or not. It’s not something they easily mention. A lot of them seem to have a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy
- She will certainly scan your hand for a wedding ring
- You will be judged based on your clothes a lot more than in the west. Go for traditional Italian style, let’s say, if you can afford it and don’t mind doing the shopping. But don’t overdo. They are allergic to vanity.
- Don’t bragg. You can mention some of your accomplishments, but don’t bragg.
- The vast majority are not golddiggers, but their interest is not exactly going to peak if you don’t make a decent salary. You better have a very nice reason for not making a slightly above average amount of money. And if you do have a lot of money, don’t throw it around, she’ll see you as irresponsible and as a show-off. If she’s impressed by wealth, you’re dating the wrong woman anyway.
- They rarely live alone, even when single. They either have roommates or live with their mother. So this can complicate things if you want to have a place to get intimate. You’ll have to take her to your place. We’re assuming you are like us and don’t fancy quickies somewhere in a dark alley.
- Asking her over to your place is like asking: ‘hey, do you want to have sex now?’. They can be quite shocked when you are quick to invite them over to your place.
- They like to do part of the chasing. So don’t be too eager. They really hate being pressured.
- They looooove short trips, and most love to be in nature. It’s a good idea to spend time outdoors.
- They can be very tough, they have to be tough at work, and especially in the city, so it can take a while before they ‘melt’ and show their caring and sensitive side. You better be prepared for this, because at first they do put up a ‘bitch shield’. When they lower this ‘bitch shield’ they are the sweetest, most nurturing, most fun women you could possibly imagine.
- To make them lower this ‘bitch shield’, you need humor, confidence, you need to show genuine interest, you need to be consistent in what you tell her about yourself, you better challenge her opinions, so she sees you’re not being a fraud to get into her pants and you will have to take some risks and push her boundaries a bit, ask her risky questions, break the ice, otherwise the interaction can get stuck on a very superficial level. It will be your job to steer the conversation to more intimate territory.
- Have basic good manners.
- Have goals for your future.
- Take her to new places, give her a reason to dress up.
- Compliments are appreciated, but be original and mean them. Don’t overdo. Three or four clear compliments is quite enough for one evening.
- They usually dislike talking about politics, but the slightly older generation is very eager to talk about the economy and political systems. A 24 Slovakian woman is very different from a 44 year old Slovakian woman, especially when it comes to conversational potential.
- They are beautiful and THEY KNOW they are beautiful. Compliment them on something else than their beauty. They also know you are a man and that if you’re giving them a lot of attention you quite likely want to have sex with them. It won’t come up in the conversation, but she will know your intentions. You have two options: be very up front about this, and nuke the friend zone, which will get you very mixed results, or be different from most guys and really get to know her, but still let it shine through that you want more than to be just friends. A very clear and traditional ‘courting’ offensive might well work with a Slovakian woman, as long as you don’t become desperate or needy, but somehow manage to keep the whole courtship fun and light.
- Always see the date from her perspective. She’s not a man. She doesn’t feel safe waiting for you to show up at 20.00 in the dark, in winter, in the middle of a park. Arrive first, and pick a safe and preferably warm spot to meet her. And at first they certainly prefer to not be alone with you. You’re a guy she doesn’t know well, unfortunately you are a threat to her. Western women will say yes to an invitation to come over to your house for dinner as a first date, not Slovak women.
- Slovakian women have stressful lives. There is so much pressure on them that they don’t even fully realize just how stressful their lives are. The best you can do is to create stress free moments for her. This includes not having to worry about hurting you, so don’t be needy. Create opportunities for her to grow. Slovakian women are often much more growth-oriented and much more willing to learn new stuff than their male countrymen.
There are lots of articles on seducing Slovak girls on this site. Be sure to check them out. You’ll love this one, for example.
We need your help
If you find value, fun and/or inspiration on our site please help us to keep going with a donation. If you don’t have Paypal you can wire your donation to this bank account: BE14 2930 0262 1883 Thank you very much!