In his book Bullet Points and Punch Lines he lists only 8, because he could list hundreds, but hey, you don’t have all day, so 8 will have to do.
Here are those 8 myths:
- You are free
- If you work hard, things will get better
- Buying will make you happy
- The police are here to protect you. They’re your friend
- We have an independent judiciary
- We have an independent media that keeps the rulers accountable
- We have an accountable and legitimate voting system
- We have a democracy
Personally I would have added a couple. Such as the myth that the US defeated Nazi Germany (nope, the Russians did it) or the myth that the US ever goes to war for humanitarian reasons (it NEVER does).
Lee Camps debunks these 8 myths thoroughly well. His books has a lot of notes to back up his claims.
It costs less than 20 bucks so, really, it’s well worth it.
What you can also do is download it somewhere or get it at the library or borrow it from a friend and send us 20 bucks or so to keep us reporting about books like this one and the topics it covers.