The character played by Christian Slater treats the main character to these bitter truths via a letter. I quote them here. The movie offers no further explanation. The events in the movie are kind of an illustration of all these bitter truths. It’s an ok movie. Not the best, but well worth watching.
The only point I disagree with is point number two.
My personal favorite is number five.
1. Complete honesty is a complete lie.
2. Marriage is sacred only to those who have never been married.
3. Money is more integral to happiness than romantic love.
4. Every human being is a contradiction. Some hide it better than others.
5. Never underestimate the tendency of human beings to act contrary to their own best interest.
6. Were it not for the fear of getting caught, most of us would behave like savages.
7. All sex has consequences, most of them dire.
8. The older you get, the faster time flies until months pass like days.
9. There is no such thing as living happily ever after.
10. Everything gets worse.
-Ask Me Anything
Treat us to a cup of coffee
It's a great joy and honor to be able to create content for our readers. It's nothing short of a calling and if it would not be rewarding we would of course not be doing it. That being said it's also true that it sure doesn't come easy. Thousands and thousands of hours go into providing this website for you. Countless hours of research, reading, studying, discussions, brainstorms, some heated arguments between the driving forces behind this site about the content offered. Honestly, this website costs blood, sweat and tears. Ok, maybe not blood, but plenty of sweat and tears. It’s not cheap either. It’s safe to say that this site is like a full-time job on top of our regular jobs. So what we are asking is this: If you’ve had some fun on our site, you could spread some joy of your own and support us. We are hell bent on improving the quality of this site. If you treat us to just one (hopefully more than one) cup of coffee (3€) we will feel energized to raise the bar. Every donation will strictly be used to improve this website. So no, we won’t actually buy coffee. Thank you very much! PS Yes, this is a picture of Zuzi.