- The boys and I read ‘The cask of Amontillado’ by Edgar Allan Poe in class today, a story that still gives me goose bumbs
I doubt my boys had goose bumbs while we were reading this short story, except the ones they got because it’s frigging cold in school today. Some of them got into it, I had the impression, some took the opportunity to take a nap, much like Fortunato in the story. As a teacher you’re fighting for attention. It’s you versus the most sophisticated forms of distraction the world has ever seen. Let’s just say it’s an uphill battle.
Anyway, I still get near orgasmic shivers just looking at the Montresors’ Coat of Arms.
2. This weekend the views my answers got on quora went up from 150,000 to 250,000
Hey, blaming a writer for wanting to have readers is like blaming a baker for wanting people to buy and eat his bread.
3. Someone sent me this comment and it almost had me in tears:
‘The way you write is like having a conversation inside my mind. Loved it.’
And a Slovak lady wrote me this:
‘Chcela by som sa vas spytať, či existuje aj nejaka vaša tvorba v slovenčine? mate velmi zaujimavy štyl pisania, ktory si ziskal moju pozornosť’
4. I think I helped out a good friend with her self-confidence issues this morning
I won’t go into details, but it involves a certain lady who does herself a grave injustice every time she rates her looks. I hope we have cleared that self-image up now.
5. One of my blogs has broken its record
It’s nothing spectacular, but one of my blogs had over 200 visitors on a single day this weekend. This has never happened. It’s not this blog, it’s the blog where I put some erotically flavored stories from time to time.