1. Loving my son with all my heart
I think no explanation is required.
2. Getting a university degree
Even though most of what we learned was completely useful, superficial, derivative and superficial I am glad I got a university degree. It’s also what my parents wanted me to do and I am glad I did it. At times it certainly looked like I was never going to get there.
3. I suppose I have prevented some people from committing suicide.
I think I have helped some people to love life again and to see that they mattered and that their talent mattered.
I don’t feel the need to go into details.
4. Am glad that eventually I was able to really communicate with my father
I even think there were times I made him happy. If so then that ranks as one of the best things I did in my life
5. By learning a few languages I have broadened my horizon and I may have inspired some people I would never have met otherwise
6. I am the only one in my family – apart from my mum and maybe to some extent aunt Marleen and uncle Maurice – who is nice to my aunt who suffers from schizophrenia
7. Am usually friendly or at least polite to everyone I meet
8. At a certain point in my life I really did what I needed to do to get some things I absolutely had to have and without which my life would have lost all meaning. I got those things. That’s the best thing I ever did for myself. Am too old and I have seen too much to repeat it, but it was cool while it lasted.
Help us create more content
Even a small donation allows us to create more content for you.