Yes, lots of shitty books have been written about this commercially viable topic.
You don’t need to spend money on a book and waste several hours of your life reading books like that. Take it as proof that you truly don’t give a fuck by NOT buying books like that.
Look, I have made 2021 the year of my personal renaissance.
I mean, what else are you going to do during a lockdown?
- I have kicked my destructive coffee habit
- I am done buying gifts for people who don’t deserve them
- No fap!!
- Low carbs
- I have stopped all contact with toxic people and emotional vampires
- I have stopped trying to impress anyone other than myself
- I have deleted Facebook and with it my only remaining link to hundreds of people I will never meet again and were needlessly taking up some brain space just because their face popped up on FB from time to time
- I have archived all pointless conversations via chat apps
- I have deleted over 60,000 thousands emails I exhanged with friends and lovers between 2003 or so and 2020
- I have ditched all people who don’t contact me unless I contact them first
- I have stopped giving attention to people who only contact me because they are lonely and nobody else has time for their bullshit
Need inspiration to do the same? Keep in mind:
- No good deed goes unpunished (am exaggerating, but let’s say it’s 50/50)
- Nobody can ever know you, except you
- Your interpretation of a situation is rarely the way someone else will interpret the same situation
- There will always be people to judge you no matter what you do
- No matter what you do you are bound to cause negative reactions from other people, not because of who you are, but because of who they are
- Your most important relationship is the one with yourself
- There is no intimacy without pain
- Familiarity breeds contempt
- Homo homini lupus and that’s only an insult if you’re a wolf
- In 120 years you will definitely not exist anymore and none of your worries will have contributed anything good to this world
- People say things for reasons only: either they are giving love or they are crying for love. So you can basically pretty much stop reacting to whatever they are saying and see the motivation behind their words
- whatever insult a person throws at you, it is always what they fear is true about themselves