Found this via a site called Global Giving.
1. An extra year of education can help a girl earn 15-25% more as an adult.
2. Educated mothers are more than twice as likely to send their children to school.
3. 130 million girls are out of school worldwide, and 11 million girls might not return to school after the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted their education.
4. Girls who complete secondary school are 3x less likely to become child brides.
Source: Girls Not Brides
5. Globally, there are 750 million women and girls who were married before they turned 18.
Source: United Nations
6. At least 117 countries and territories still have no laws to protect girls from child marriage.
Source: Pew Research Center
7. Domestic violence—just one form of gender-based violence—is costlier than warfare, with a worldwide annual cost of $8 trillion.
Source: Copenhagen Consensus Center
8. In 49 countries, there is no specific law against domestic violence.
Source: World Bank
9. Women make nearly 20% less than men, and they won’t reach pay equity with men until 2059 if the slow pace of progress on the pay gap persists.
10. GlobalGiving makes it safe and easy to support projects that uplift women and girls around the world. Give to the GlobalGiving Girl Fund in honor of a special woman or girl in your life.